Monday, March 23, 2015

Grade Two Goals for June Report Card

I am challenging the Grade Two class this term to work extra hard on their writing skills.  We have been working on writing stories and I can see great improvements in the last few weeks.  I am encouraging all of them to work on punctuation within their writing and to start experimenting with dialogue.

Of course we will work on this within the classroom but I would encourage you to work on this at home as well.  Discuss what is being read at home and look at examples of conversations in their books.  Remind them of the elements that are in every story (setting, characters, problem, solution, beginning/middle/end) and discuss them in terms of what you are reading.

Thank you again for your continued support, and I look forward to seeing what our authors create over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment