Friday, May 10, 2013

California Redwoods

It started with Maia's show and tell many months ago ~ she brought a National Geographic magazine with a 5 page fold out of a California Redwood tree.  The past few weeks as we studied plants, and the life cycles of plants and animals, one of the students said, "Hey, remember that HUGE tree that was in Maia's picture! I wonder..."

Well, the "I wonder" statement is my goal.  They had so many questions about California Redwoods!  We watched video clips and even spoke on the phone (then emailed) Lynda, a lovely lady who works in the Redwood National Park!  Today we went on an adventure to my house to watch "Climbing Redwood Giants" that is on Netflix.

It was a great day BUT I will apologize in advance ~ many of the students are now putting the California Redwood Forest on their list of places to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment