Thursday, November 23, 2017

Food Memories

As we explore our 5 senses, I have also been talking to the students about how smells and tastes can trigger memories.  Yesterday we tasted lemons, which I craved during my pregnancies.  Today I shared my most wonderful childhood food memory with them ~ Cinnamon toast.  My Grandpa allowed us to have this as a bedtime snack when we stayed at his house and even as an adult the taste and smell takes me back to my childhood.

I asked the students to talk about their favourite things to eat when visiting their Grandparents and here are their responses:

Chocolate chips cookies (this was a popular response)
Pancakes with Smarties on top!
Green ice cream for Roughrider games
Strawberries and whipped cream
Fruit Salad
Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream
Spaghetti with Cheese Whiz
Hot chocolate with marshmallows
Cheese Puffs (that were always in a bowl on the kitchen table)

Such great memories for these little people to have already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment